Monday 23 January 2017

January

Where has the month gone? It seems like it was only yesterday that I was getting ready for all the things I was going to do this month and now it's nearly next month!

I really must sort myself out and get organised, I have a book coming out in 6 weeks and there is so much to do, plus I have the front room to decorate, including stripping the floorboards and varnishing them before I paint the walls and woodwork.

We spent a few days with our daughters in Kent, it was Maeve's first birthday last week (another case of where has all the time gone), her mum, Naomi made a special cake for the occasion, decorated in a woodland theme.


Pretty impressive I thought, birthday girl herself was as gorgeous as ever,




and we had a great time.

It was a lot colder in Kent, we all went to the park so that Maeve and Elsa could feed the ducks and the lake was half frozen, it looked peculiar seeing some ducks in the water, next to those on the ice.




Now that we're back in Devon (with the 15-degree temperature difference!), today I'm making rolls, I think that there is Cottage Pie for tea and I have Seville Oranges ready for Marmalade.
And there is a newsletter to write, Facebook and Twitter to attend to and the ongoing adventures of all the characters lurking in my head.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, it's been hectic but hopefully things will calm down soon.

    ReplyDelete