Wednesday 25 January 2017

At last

A writing post this time.

Way back in 2013, I started a prequel to my first novel Freefall. I had put a comment in to create a certain mood and people asked me to explain it. Although I hadn't planned on writing another Dave Travise story I realised that it would be easier than continually explaining things.

I've just gone through my old files and discovered, to my surprise that the first words of the story were actually typed on March 15th, 2013, which is a bit surreal as I have set a publication date of March 15th, 2017 for the completed work. And I never realised that was the same date, until now!

The story grew into a 75,000 novel, it's been edited three times, formatted and the artwork has been polished. Now it's in the hands of my printer and distributor, once they sign off and I've approved proofs, it will appear on sales sites and pre-orders can commence.

Here's the full cover picture:



I almost can't believe that I've reached this point, I wouldn't have done it without the help and support of Helen my editor, Lin who did the formatting, Cathy the cover layout, Vicki who produced the picture and Alana her model.
Then there were my beta readers, Dixie and Jane, and my long-suffering wife Yvonne. And everyone else who I might have forgotten.

There is a sample chapter available HERE   and you can pre-order the novel at myBook.to/Myra

No comments:

Post a Comment