Tuesday 5 July 2016

Cooking Roundup

Back to the day job, after the promotion of my novels and short stories in the last few posts (if you want any more sci-fi stuff head over to richarddeescifi.co.uk )
I'm back to cooking and here are a few of the things that I've been making over the last week or so.

First up, a use for all my discard Sourdough Starter, as I think I said before, I use it to add flavour to my yeasted loaves. This week it was a wholemeal loaf that got the treatment.




And this week there was enough discard to use as a base for a beer batter, yes it was Onion Ring time again.





That's enough for a month or so, frozen and ready to reheat.

I also made a sort of frittata using thinly sliced sweet potato, shallots and steak, topped with cheese. I tried to use my spiralizer to cut the sweet potato but it was not strong enough so I ended up doing it by hand.











The pictures tell the story of assembly, it might not look pretty but the taste was fine.

Talking of my spiralizer, I have been making a very nice courgette spaghetti,




I can recommend that with bolognese.



No comments:

Post a Comment