Friday 26 February 2016

Baking day,

But before that, a catch up on the week so far.

Monday was bacon and mushrooms in a cheese sauce with pasta, easy to do but very tasty. I got a large bag of Bacon off cuts ages ago and froze it in portions.


I fried the bacon and mushrooms while the pasta was cooking and made a cheese sauce. When everything is cooked the only preparation you have is to throw it all in together and give it a stir.












Add some grated cheese over the top and bake for about 30 minutes.


We have Alpaca's just up the road, that's the second group I've spotted locally now. I just need them to come a little closer to the camera.



We took the dog for a swim on Tuesday as it was a beautiful day, he enjoyed chasing sticks and made a friend











Now onto the bread, I'm making a White and Rye Sourdough and some experimental rolls,

which will have Balsamic Vinegar in them, amongst other things.

Full recipes as usual will be on my Bread Blog, but here are a few pictures of the process.




The Flour


Dough after 1 hour


Batards


Rolls






And the Sourdough, the recipe is here


After first fold
After second fold


Shaped
2 hours prove

4 hours prove


6 hours prove
Part baked

Finished

Blister Crust

Crumb

1 comment:

  1. Oh Oh you had me at Alpaca! I want a pet Alpaca!!! How lucky to have them down the road. I know why you baked bread... Sneaking an Alpaca home. Think of the lovely sweaters you could knit! Great post. Perfect Blister crust! Love Cheese and Bacon! You live in paradise!

    ReplyDelete