Wednesday 30 December 2015

Back to what I do Best

I have to say, I loved every minute of Well Bread! but I had to step away when it stopped me doing the other things I wanted to do with my time.

As you will know if you've followed me for a while, I like experimenting with food ideas, that's how I got started on the sourdough.

Today I'm telling you about food that is not that good to photograph but which tastes good, after all that's the more important thing.

First off, as an antidote to all the meat I've been eating, here's the ingredients for a spicy beanburger.



basically you just chop the veg, drain and mash the beans and mix it all together.



Like I said it doesn't photograph very well. Sorry about that.

Next up, oil and flour some small springform tins. Add beaten egg to the mixture and split into 4, pouring it into the tins.



These are baked for 60 minutes at 180°C in a fan oven. A bit longer than I expected but if I had cooked the Onion and Pepper first it would have been less.
They tasted good, again the picture doesn't do them justice, never mind I'm sure you get the idea.


I found a load of Walnuts in my cupboard while I was sorting out the last of the Well Bread! stuff. Yvonne likes Peanut butter so I thought I would try to make Walnut butter for a change.

I blended the walnuts to a very fine paste in my spice mill,




Adding a few small pieces to give a crunch. That should keep in the fridge for a month or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment