Saturday 17 October 2015

Picnic on the Moor.

On Wednesday, we went out to Shipley Bridge, near South Brent. There's a really good walk by the side of the River Avon, you can go all the way up to Avon Dam if you're feeling energetic.

We didn't go all the way up to the dam this time, but still had a beautiful morning stroll, as these pictures show.




I do love running water



Picnic Spot.


I managed to catch a few crepuscular rays as well.

The tenacity of Nature.

There were two Magpies sitting in a tree.
Autumn colours are spectacular, the last bright celebration before winter. But on Dartmoor, winter has its own beauty, as you will see if you follow me over the seasons.


After two years my book has finally made it into physical form, three boxes arrived on Thursday.


It feels like the end of a journey, 
almost two years to the day since I had the idea and started writing. The story grew from that idea; a 'what if'. When I typed the first words I actually had no clue where it would go, it just seemed like an event that could have significance. Anyway my fingers seemed to know what was going to happen and I found that I could see the story, like a film on a screen, all I had to do was write what I saw. 

Yvonne has been a marvel, putting up with the intrusion of a load of people she has never met (and don't exist!) and all their petty squabbles. I couldn't have done it without her.

Now I just have to market it and hopefully sell some, it's live on Amazon for pre-order as a paperback and an e-book, look here, or you can order the paperback from my website using PayPal at a discount, look here,


My talk at Oats is looming, only 10 days to go and I have practised several times to get the practical aspect sorted. 



Now I just have to perfect the patter, I can't use notes as my hands will be covered in flour so I will just have to make it up as I go along. What can possibly go wrong?    


No comments:

Post a Comment