Saturday 12 September 2015

Not much to Report

Not strictly true but it's only been a couple of days since my last post and apart form the bread, we haven't done very much.
On Wednesday we went to Exmouth for the day, we had been ages ago and just fancied going somewhere different. A nice day out with a superb lunch in a restaurant above a bookshop.
Now I'm developing an interest in Bookshops, as I hope they soon will be selling my book; this one was called The Book Rest (clever!) http://www.thebookrest.co.uk/

We had coffee there and liked the look of the menu so returned for lunch. The place was jammed which is always a good sign, we both had Cous-Cous with Roast Veg and Halloumi, delicious.


The first page proofs for "Ribbonworld" have arrived so I must spend the next day or so checking the layout and panicking that the story is rubbish and thinking of all the things I wished I'd written.

The publication date is looming, the plan is late October and that will soon be here.

Meanwhile the sequel is buzzing round in my head, I have about 14,000 words of it written and we are at the stage where it's almost like copying down what you might see on the T.V. At least that's how it works for me. It used to freak me out, now I just accept it and let it flow.

We had a message from George in Australia, she has acquired a trampoline and Tom has put it on top of a hill!



Looks like fun!!!

As long as it doesn't rain too much more today, we are off to Dartmoor for a picnic, I made some Rolls this morning so we can take them, filled with something.



2 comments:

  1. A special meal out and bookstore is a wonderful day. I have never been on a trampoline. I am happy that George is having such joy with it. Wonderful photos! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A special meal out and bookstore is a wonderful day. I have never been on a trampoline. I am happy that George is having such joy with it. Wonderful photos! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete