Monday 25 May 2015

A quieter Week

What a relaxing week after the rushing around, apart from the Oats order and the Millie order of 150 rolls that is. The good news was that with the new oven I was able to do them in just under 4 hours, a bit of an improvement.




I went down to Brixfest on Saturday and they were selling well,




but I didn't buy one back unlike last year.

Naomi and Eamon came down for the weekend, it took them 8 hours to get here from Kent, around 220 miles, both the M4 and the A303 were very busy.

I made Sourdough Croissants and Pain au Chocolate for Saturday breakfast,




 and we went out to  Rockfish in Brixham for a meal in the evening. It's only just opened here, we have been to the one in Dartmouth before so knew what to expect. And we were not disappointed, a beautifully cooked meal in great surroundings, no photos but I'm sure you can imagine. Yvonne and Naomi had a grilled Plaice and Eamon and I had a mixed plate, Prawns, Squid, Cod and Hake. All with unlimited chips (I love a challenge) and some amazing Pickled Onion Rings. Not forgetting the Mushy Peas, an essential part of any meal!

As it was Yvonnes birthday she had made a Cheesecake instead of a birthday cake. This time it was a take on the Bakewell Tart, with A Digestive (Homemade Sourdough) and Amaretti base, Morello Cherry Jam, White Chocolate and Cheese filling, topped with Toasted Almonds and Morello Cherries.








Is that enough pictures of gratuitous calories?  It was incredible as I'm sure you can tell.

We have a nesting pair of Blue-tits in the garden and found one of the young attempting his first flight yesterday, in the time it took me to get the camera he was off and I only got a fleeting picture, nice to see that he was able to master it though.








My Black Tomato is in flower now, I've been leaving it out in the day and it's just about ready to stay out now. The other plants are still small and will be living in the conservatory for a while yet.







The Grape vine is also benefiting from a little TLC and grapes are starting to form.



In fact the whole garden is coming to life.





No comments:

Post a Comment