Monday 6 April 2015

On the Moor.



We were here, but it was so cold we had a coffee! Lovely place though, We had a day out driving around Dartmoor, sort of following the River Dart, stopping off for a stroll every now and then. It was one of those days, a cold breeze but warm out of it. The scenery was its usual beautiful self, the gorse is out and green things are starting to appear. Have a look, in no particular order.












I love the Moor.

I wanted to try a recipe for Rosti that I saw in a magazine where we stopped for coffee.


Ingredients

All the above were peeled and grated and then mixed with a little flour after squashing out as much of the moisture as I could.





It was then gently fried in Sunflower Oil for about 20 minutes, turning once.




I drizzled a little balsamic vinegar over it before I turned it. A nice accompaniment to  Gammon Steaks and salad. 

I have just noticed that this is post 400! That calls for a celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment