Thursday 23 April 2015

An Old Favourite.

 I have been asked for a batch of my Black Pudding and Bacon Rolls, so here we go.

Firstly, I fried 200 g of bacon and 200 g of Black Pudding,



I will cut it into smaller pieces tomorrow, if you start off frying it in small pieces it dries out and then is too cooked to bake properly.

Next up I make a dough, 750 g Flour, 30 g coarse Semolina, 15 g each of salt and yeast, 480 g water and 75 g Olive Oil. Knead and prove for 1 hour. While it's rising, cut the bacon into smaller pieces.

Oil two large baking sheets and turn the dough out onto one of them.




Stretch it to cover and let it rest for a couple of minutes.





Top with the meat mixture.





Roll up like a swiss roll, putting a bit of tension in, finally pull the edge over.







Cut into slices and arrange on the trays. 

Cover and leave to rise for 45 minutes while the oven heats up to 220 C.





Spray with Oil and bake for 20 minutes or until browned on top and 95 C inside





I make other flavours as well, Cheese and Onion, Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato, Chorizo and Cheese and Curry Spices with Chutney. Any other ideas are always welcomed.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment