Friday 27 February 2015

An Experiment

I'm always looking for new ways of doing things, in cooking or indeed in any other thing that I get involved in. I can usually see a second use in most things, or a minor modification that can often save me money or time or both.
Hence my request to the local hardware shop for 52mm washers that I can put on the ends of my rolling pin to give me a constant 4mm thickness when rolling, perfect for biscuits. I can't find any just yet but I will.

Also in breadmaking, I'm finding and trying a lot of no-knead recipes which reduce my actual effort but still give great results. I had a bit of a problem with the Ciabatta recently but at least I know where I went wrong.

My latest is a straight lift from " Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois." I'm going to leave it 3 days before making and baking but it rose in 3 hours before I put it in the fridge.




We'll see what it looks like on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment