Saturday 23 August 2014

Pork and Marmalade Burger

One of the advantages of baking bread for other people is that you always have enough for yourself. In order to ensure I have the right amount of whatever to sell, I make extra loaves or rolls and then keep the excess for myself.

A while ago, I spotted some Pork Mince reduced as it was nearly out of date. I split it in two (there was 500g) and froze it, now I'm making burgers with half to go in the rolls that I had left over from a recent order.

I've used Marmalade as a glaze on Gammon before, so I thought it might be an idea to try it in a burger, as long as I get the proportion right, I figure about 15% (37g in 250g of meat) should do it.

And I managed to get some nice looking Tomatoes at Annies Fruit Shop in Totnes yesterday.


In the end, I had 264g of Mince,


and added 39g of marmalade,


which I then mixed and shaped into burgers, and floured them up.



I decided to oven cook them as I didn't want them falling to pieces in a frying pan, they had 30 minutes at 180°C in the fan oven, turning and pressing them a couple of times.

Meanwhile I got some of my part cooked potato skins from the freezer and heated them for the same time.




The burgers were cooked after 30 minutes, so it was just a case of plating up,






And in case you're wondering, the taste was amazing.

Tomorrow is slow roasted Pork Belly, can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment