Friday 25 July 2014

A Night Out

Yvonne and I went out for a meal last night, to the Breakwater Bistro in Brixham. It's only a 15 minute walk away, which means I can drink Beer with impunity, and a lovely setting as well.

http://breakwaterbistro.co.uk/



Bays Beer and Yvonne, What more could I want?
I'm not sure if a birthday at my age is a celebration? but I suppose it means that I'm still here, and after the last year I can't help feeling that's an achievement.

The food as ever was excellent, a mixed seafood starter was the highlight, the Calamari cooked to perfection (I do hate it rubbery) with Whitebait and Scampi.


Followed by a Mushroom Strogonoff (Yvonne had Mushroom and Onion tart) and an Ice-cream Sundae each, I was stuffed, the walk home helped me come to terms with it. I still felt full next morning.

I've seen complaints about the place on Trip Advisor, I don't recognise it from them, the service is great, the food well cooked and the overall atmosphere is great. And its not pretentious and expensive. So all in all a great evening.

Like I said, next morning I still felt full, and we both decided to have a light meal, and I made up a fruit cous-cous for myself.

Basically it's cous-cous made up with veg stock (100g cous-cous plus 150g of water) with the following added:-

Chopped Dried Apricots, Chopped Dates, Sultanas and Chopped Mixed Nuts.




 Served with a salsa made from Tomato, Cucumber and Onion




and topped with Sweet Chilli Sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment