Thursday 6 March 2014

Relief

This is the post that I have been wanting to write for a long time now, I must admit that there was a time when I thought that I would never be able to say it but YVONNE HAS HAD HER OPERATION!!!!

The saga started last September, and features lost notes, consultants going on holiday and a whole list of other things.

In the event the hospital stay was brilliant, with a wonderful team of medical and non medical staff, good food and lots of laughter.

So now she is home, and subject to my brand of care, involving chocolate biscuits, good food and lots of pampering.

As if to celebrate the good news, the weather has improved, a bit,


And although it's cold in the morning, at least the rain has stopped.

Tonight's meal is a mini-roast, with Pork chops, done as follows.

Oil a tin and place the chops, I like to trim mine but that's just my OCD.


Spread some apple puree over them,


Then sprinkle over a packet of Sage and Onion stuffing.


Cover with foil and cook at 180 for about 40 minutes. I'm also doing Roast Potatoes and Parsnips, Carrots, Broccoli and Peas. Covered in Gravy, that should help with the healing process!! 

Tomorrow Is a slow cooked Beef and Mushroom one pot meal, probably with Horseradish Mash. I predict a swift recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment