Saturday 10 August 2013

Saturday Tea

I'm partial to sausages and fried onions, but I also recognise the need to eat a bit more healthily.
So I have come up with this idea.

First quater a few onions and toss in a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar and chopped garlic,


next, add a handful of small new potatoes and mix well.

 

Put the oven on to 180 degreees and put the onions and potatoes in for 30 minutes.

After this time give them a stir,



 and place your sausage of choice on to the top of the dish. 

I'm using the Pork and sweet Chilli from Evergreen Farm (obtained at Totnes Good Food Sunday Market earlier this year.)



Mist the sausages with olive oil spray and return to the oven for another 30 minutes, or until the sausages are cooked through and the potatoes are soft.





Serve with mustard and whatever else takes your fancy. Tonight it's Baked Beanz YUM!

I also picked the first Tomatoes of the year,


and they tasted unlike any shop brought ones.

Yvonne has been gardening the last few days, and has done amazing things, the front garden looks superb, and is full of bees as I think I said last time. It's been good to sit out and drink tea/coffee in the shade of the trees, thanks to all her hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment