Thursday 8 August 2013

Gardening

The garden has got away from us again, it happens every year, we manage to keep it under control, then one day, it races off, before you know it, it's become a jungle.
Having said that, it's nice to see everything looking good, there are tomatoes,


and apples,




and the slugs are enjoying the strawberries, look away now if you don't like pictures of slugs.


also we have a healthy bee population on the comfrey.




Thanks George for my birthday card!


My car was feeling a bit sluggish on the journey to and from work, so I put it into the garage and was horrified to find that the Turbo had blown. That's around £1600 to fix, so it was a relief that it went when it did as there are still a couple of weeks left on the warranty.

I had to go to the American Embassy in London, to register for a tax exemption on my book royalties in the States. It actually turned into a painless operation, after my expecting it to take hours, all the staff were very helpful, and it only took two hours from leaving Gravesend to arriving back.

When the first royalty cheque arrives, I think I will frame it.

No comments:

Post a Comment