Sunday 14 July 2013

Bread and Butter Pudding

With all the bread I've been making lately, we have a surplus of the brown stuff, and what better way to use some up than a Bread and Butter Pudding. My daughter used to make this a lot when she was still living at home, and so did Yvonne, but I thought that this time I'd have a go.
Again there are no exact quantities, as it depends on your dish size (and your appetite), but the milk and egg proportion is fairly important for a good set.

I lined a casserole dish with butter and sliced enough bread for three layers. All of the slices were well buttered and layered in the dish with sultanas and caster sugar between the layers.



Finishing butter side up and well sugared.


I mixed a pint of milk with two beaten eggs and poured it into the dish, then left it to soak in for a few hours. A couple of times I pushed the bread down to make sure it was well wetted.

It was cooked at 200 degrees for about an hour, until there was no liquid left in the centre.


Even though it was another hot day, it went down well after our Roast Lamb.

No comments:

Post a Comment