Tuesday 25 September 2012

Pork Chops


One of those days today, a whole lot of jobs, and not really much to show at the end of it all, but I did find time to forage 2lb of Blackberries and prepare Pork Chops in stuffing and apple. We had to have a ”Roast” type meal at some stage as, due to work we missed out on Sunday. I worked on Saturday and so was asleep Sunday morning, we had a chilli from the freezer (Made by Yvonne, YUM) and crumble from the same source for simplicity. We therefore decided to have a Sunday lunch later in the week. Well Monday we had vouchers for a cheap breakfast at one of the local Garden Centres (Jacks Patch at Teignmouth), so we decided to have the meal on Tuesday.

Tuesday morning had some spectacular cloud formations, due to the presence of Thunderstorms and showers;

 
 
I managed to dodge most of them and collected the aforementioned Blackberries in the Sharkham area.

 
 I now have enough for crumbles and pies through the winter, but need to defrost the freezer to see what I’ve actually got. Berries have been later and smaller this year, probably weather related, but there are still lots of unripe ones left.

After the berry collection and a cup of coffee, I prepared the chops; I rubbed them in oil, spread with stewed apple and covered in stuffing mix.

 
 
They go in the oven for about 25 minutes covered, with 5 minutes open to brown. Serve with Roasted Potatoes, Parsnips, Swede and Onion. All topped with gravy and assorted veg. Sounds good.

I have been struggling with feelings of remorse and loss, I think I mentioned before that I was going to kill off one of the characters in my book, well its hit me harder than I expected. I think that it’s because I created them, breathed life in and watched them develop, gave them voice and motives.

Somehow killing them seems almost like murder, and I feel a bit traitorous, it’s as if with their last breath they were asking WHY? You gave me life and you took it away. I now have to write the aftermath, and whereas before, the story just flowed, now it feels like there is nothing coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment